Saturday, August 4, 2012

Carrying an Ego?

So, last week I went on a backpacking adventure. This afternoon, I went on a hike with my family. On this last hike, we talked about the backpacking trip. And, something came up that my mom said I needed to write down.

Before the trip even started, I knew I'd be one of the slow hikers. So, when we started hiking and I soon realized that, among other things I would need to adjust to, I would need to just let go of my ego - just for this trip - because it was going to be too much to carry.

After that, it was easier just to put one foot in front of the other, and have an enjoyable journey - even with all the bugs.

So, remember my friends, that sometimes we just need to stop carrying our ego around. It's by far one of the heaviest burdens we task ourselves with and one of the least important. Learn to let it go. It's ok to admit you're a slow hiker, that you made a mistake, that you're still learning, that another person has valid opinions even if they don't match yours. It's ok to smile along the way even if you're not quite perfect yet. You'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment