Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recipe for Peace and Hope in a Troubled World

My “recipe” is what I try to remember in my own life: When something troubling you, remember 3 things:



1. Remember prayer turn to God first – not to your understanding, not to your political party’s beliefs, not to science. Turn to God first.
“You worry that you walk alone. Fear replaces faith. When you find yourself in such circumstances, I plead with you to remember prayer.” —President Thomas S. Monson

  2. Remember the eternal perspective – this world has so much pain and suffering, and the evil forces seem to be increasing.  I don’t know everything, but I know enough to trust in God’s timing and to have faith in His plan first – and in ALL aspects of my life.

3. Remember God’s infinite and personal love for you. It is real, powerful, and perfect.

I do not want to convey that you should ignore pain, trouble, or that we should just be happy all the time and disregard or condone the evils in the world. Pain is real. So is peace – and in my experience, you can have them at the same time.

Your troubles and trials won’t magically float away, your pain won’t necessarily instantly heal, but I know when I have followed this ‘recipe’ I have found the peace my heart needed to endure the trial with faith, hope, and love for others.



No comments:

Post a Comment