Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Keep on Movin' On

Don't freak out, but I have a pretty big update in my life. :)

I'm moving to England!

I've been accepted into three graduate programs, for social psychology, next fall (I haven't heard from the other schools yet, but I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with my options) and now I have have the task to decide which school to go to.

As far as difficulties go, this is a "pretty good" problem to have. And I've definitely been driving the people at work nuts talking about it constantly (luckily I'm going into psych, so I can help them out...haha, get it... ha...ha...).

It's weird because I feel like I should have had a "top" choice, but when I chose the schools I was applying to, I liked them all for different reasons and was thinking I'd be lucky to get into one of the schools, so I wouldn't have to choose.

I feel like this is an award-acceptance speech, but I really couldn't have had the courage to apply without all the good people in my life (those who specifically knew they were helping and those who didn't but are still awesome), so thank you. You're helping me live my dream.

So, I'm trying to sort out what I should do, what I should remember, and all of that. Do you have any suggestions?


PS in case you're wondering, I've been accepted to (in alphabetical order): Lancaster University, the Royal Holloway University of London, and the University of Kent

4 comments:

  1. Lancaster -- is near the Lakes District (beautiful, and was enjoyed by William Wadsworth, Samuel Coleridge, Beatrix Potter, etc...). It's also closer to the area where a large part of the family is from (tho that's to the east, in Yorkshire (Leeds/Bradford). The people are amazing, and it's beautiful. And I am a 'bit' biased.

    On the other hand, Kent is near continental Europe and would make excursions easier, cheaper and more likely. There is so much to do. There are many castles and such I would suggest.

    And regardless of where you go, you'll end up in London.

    You should look at what's best for you tho. What distinguishes the schools from each other? Is RH, U of London best for your focus?

    You will not need to get a British Driver's license while you're there. But plan to take your time crossing the road the first few times (You will naturally look the wrong way, first) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All really good points! Thanks!

      I'm really glad I don't need a drivers' license, just being a pedestrian will be scary enough. But I hear the public transit is quite nice over there.

      Delete
  2. Are all the other places you applied also in England?

    ReplyDelete