Monday, October 8, 2012

FMFA

In the past I may have mentioned some training we get at work. Two weeks ago, I received a lesson which I will hopefully not forget. It was on memory. :)


Since I heard it, I have remembered and utilized the lessons, and have found deeper meanings and also an easier time remembering things.

It is this: Fact, Meaning, Feeling, Action.

First, you find the facts, but they alone will not be memorable. You must decide/uncover their meanings, then, when chosen, can illicit feelings. Once acted upon, even in small ways, we can remember it.

The other day, I was reading a passage in the scriptures. I have long since taken to writing about what I've read in the hopes of paying better attention. On this day, I still struggled: I had read this story many times and  just didn't care.

It was then that I realized I needed to take a step back, find a meaning, feeling, and action that I could take about this chapter. I looked at the facts of the story. They alone didn't mean much to me that day. But, I found something that did, and I felt good about it. I couldn't act too much, but I wrote it down.

I've heard several leaders talk about the importance of taking action and/or writing inspiration down. I have a testimony that when this pattern is followed, we can remember what is important and we can learn even more.

If you are struggling with feelings of apathy towards something you know you should care about, try this. Look at the facts again, and ask for help finding a meaning and more feelings, more desire, and then do something about it. Watch miracles happen, remember what is important, and go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment