Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Celebrate!

So - everyday I have at least 2 reasons to look forward to going to work. The first is contributing and being rewarded financially. And second: I get an email every day with the holiday of the day.

I know it may seem silly - but I like having a little reminder of something fun. This month has been a great one. Some of my favorites were Dinosaur Appreciation Day, National Thesaurus Day, National Rubber Ducky Day, Penguin Awareness Day, and National Popcorn Day. And we just had a great one - National Answer Your Cat's Questions Day, and even better ones to come (National Chocolate Cake Day, and Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day).

This is a big month, people! And guess what, it's only going to get better as the year goes along. We have a lot of reasons to celebrate. Probably some of the best advice a friend told me was to find little things to look forward to. So one of the ways I do that is to celebrate the awesome, random days we have, and maybe on January 28th, I'll find a Kazoo to celebrate National Kazoo Day. We'll see. 

Find little things that make you smile - every boring/awful/stressful day has something good to offer. Remember to find joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment