Friday, March 1, 2013

Dog Person

So, today has been a topsy turvy day, my friends. I got home after a long (but good) day at work, shopping, organizing a party, and enduring crazy drivers. Then right about as I was getting settled, I noticed two dogs - a big chocolate lab and a little pepper-gray terrier - chasing our chickens.



I am a suburb girl - so this is all rather new to me... chickens....lots of mud... and now dogs chasing them. I wasn't sure what to do, and it didn't really look like they were doing any harm, so I just told my mom. Then I realized that they probably should be in there, so stammering out some questions, I found myself running down the steps and running into a wild mess of dogs and chickens wondering if I would be attacked by a dog or slip and fall into mud (and who knows what else).

Luckily, neither of these things happened. And, I quickly bonded with the dogs. Not good, apparently. My mom told me to be mean to them, but I couldn't... they were obedient dogs who quickly showed me they'd been trained - and they (for the most part) stopped chasing our chickens, and started following me. The little terrier even tried to chase off a runner to protect me, and the big chocolate lab has an even bigger heart, galloping back to my side whenever he could.

Ok. I worried about these dogs, and it turns out so did my dad. He let them come stay in the garage so at least they'd have somewhere. Then, I gave the little one a bath because it was caked in mud - but being March 1st, up Provo Canyon, it is still really cold, so now the little terrier is sleeping in my dog's kennel. My dog isn't too happy about this whole thing.

I just started realizing that if I could care so much about these dogs so fast, how much our Father in Heaven cares for us, and how we should (and do) care for each other.

In other news, if anyone from the 805 area code is missing a dog, and/or someone from Murray, UT, we may have them. How they got here is a mystery, but no one in the area seems to know who they belong to. (Homeward bound, anyone? imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment