Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Since Sunday

Well, it's been so different since I cut back on my media use a few days ago.


Mom and I started a woodworking class!

We made delicious treats

I started a new workout, no picture :)

AND I learned how to drive a golf cart, on an incredibly steep hill (some know of my fear with this kind of situation), in a freak blizzard. See below. It was quite the adventure, and I love it now that I am safely at home, warm and dry - 13 hours later and I am mostly recovered. 
This is right as the snow was STARTING. Like I said, adventure. :) 
 Oh, this isn't the steep hill, just me posing with the golf cart. It was a long day, but good.

I got an account with Lynda.com for work, and have been loving the chance to learn again - basically whatever I want, without homework or tests, and be creative all at the same time.

And I am sure there are other fun things I've done besides work. It's been a wonderful change to spend time with my wonderful siblings, and to learn all sorts of new things. However, the snow and cold can go away till winter.

Thursday: I had THREE social engagements today, two of my friends are getting ready to move (one back to Vegas and the other to Austin, TX), and then a bridal shower. It was a busy day. I also went shopping and I found my most favorite shampoo ever, that they stopped making for YEARS. Naturally I bought it. It was wonderful that I could find it again, I've been bouncing around different brands for the last NINE years or so. Wow... I feel old all of a sudden... anyway. It's just been so nice to not be on Facebook or watching TV or other distractive media. Don't get me wrong, it's been hard too - but I am loving it more than I thought I would. Life really stepped up after I started paying attention again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment