Sunday, June 30, 2013

Break the Cycle

Have you ever realized that you’re leading a terrestrial life? Nothing wrong per se, you’ve got friends and a good job, and you do help and make a difference. Well, maybe not. But I have.


My life right now is just fine. There’s just one problem – I am just not aiming for anything.

So, I’m leading a terrestrial life – and trying to figure out how to change that. The trouble is, I can’t decide what I’m willing to pay the price to work towards.

I’ve realized this many times and the trouble is, I get incredibly overwhelmed by all the choices. So, then I stop and I go back to my terrestrial life – where life is not challenging, risky, or scary.

How do I break out of this cycle?

No really, I’m asking. I have no idea. Actually, that’s partially a lie. I know the answers on paper – sort of. The question that I’m really asking then, is how do I have the courage to break the cycle?


Most of my life is spent at the theoretical level. So how do I stop freaking out  and keep moving forward with my life?

2 comments:

  1. If you are really asking. There are a few roads that might work. The first two are 'Sunday school answers' A) a personal inventory with Alma 5. B) inventory of Christ like attributes in Preach My Gospel. If neither of these cause actions to pop out some goal setting around one or two items might.

    Another approach is to pick a 'charity' and make a hobby out of it. Such charities might include personal family history, record indexing elementary tutoring, political Activision. ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really was asking. Thanks, Dave!

      I will do both A and B, I have done the PMG inventory activity before and found it helpful, so it's probably time for another one, and I will go through Alma 5 again, and be better at reading and applying it.

      I really like your idea about hobbies, too. I've started getting slightly more into Family History - but it wasn't at hobby status - I will bump it up.

      Delete