Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm Unique - Just Like Everybody Else

I have a couple friends getting married this month, and one thing they always tell me is how wonderful their wedding is going to be because it is unique. This trend caught in my mind and I’ve been pondering this desire for uniqueness for a few days and talked with a wise person about what it means.


In this day and age, we love individuality. We find value when things are couture, unique, new, and often feel that that alone gives it worth. In other ways, we also want to belong, to fit in, to be normal, and it can be a confusing world going back and forth with these emotions.


Overall, I want you to remember that it’s a balance, and it’s really easy for Satan to pull you either way. Things aren’t always good because they are unique, but it isn’t always good to be the same. God loves us all individually and we have individual worth. But we are also all His children, and there are aspects where we are the same. So, just remember you have worth because you are you, not “just” because you are different and unique. I don’t know if that makes sense… but it does to me.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment