Sunday, May 3, 2015

May-be I'll Share

In this next instalment of Cristina's Testimony... I hate writing introductions.

Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting. As I've stated before, I am not usually comfortable sharing my testimony in our Sacrament Meeting services. However, today, I was prevailed upon to share my testimony in our Relief Society Meeting. Here's what happened. {ooh, intriguing!}


So, we had a great Sacrament, everyone bore bold testimonies of Christ and the gospel. Unfortunately, I feel a bit weird today, a bit disconnected. Anyway. Then a good lesson on Christ being the light of the world, and other teachings. In Relief Society, my friend had asked me a while ago to share a thought about family history and record keeping {and I promptly though "I'll figure hat out later..." aka on the spot...). Her lesson had to end early so that people could share their testimonies, and I did not get to share my thought.

However, after it was opened up to testimony, no one stood up. I kind of thought about it, but I don't much care for sharing testimony in that way. So, the prompting got louder. I thought of things from the lesson, things I thought were important, and other areas I grew in. And then, I noticed how long it had been silent - "Why was no one bearing their testimony?" "Because they are waiting for you" was the reply. Paused a bit to realize what had just happened, before standing up and awkwardly bore a testimony about the power and importance of record keeping, how it helps us remember and progress. And other things, like the importance of being diligent, working towards something on purpose.

Anyway, it was really not well organized - but I do treasure feeling that voice, directly guiding me to act. My testimony is that this is a gospel of action, not just of theory. I need to be more active, in loving others, in repenting, and in keeping a record - both of my day to day, and of more spiritual reflection. It doesn't need to take that long, but it does need to be a priority.  Decisions determine destiny. I need to be more deliberate about my life, not just being busy - but being busy with a purpose, one that leads me where I want to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment