Sunday, March 29, 2015

March and April

This is the fourth post in my little testimony goal for 2015.


This last month has been intense, and this next month is going to be rather busy as well. This last week, I have been so blessed and have really noticed how well God takes care of me (and my family), how He hears and answers my prayers, and I am so grateful for it.

I know I don't always feel so close or that my prayers/desires matter - so I wanted to write down a bit that today I really felt like they do, and I want to remember that.

Whether I was lost late at night in Lisbon, stranded in a London airport, or stuck on an essay or two... God has helped me feel so much peace and hope for the future. Through prayer, I have found precious moments of peace, which have cleared away the noisy clouds of anxiety that usually fill my head (just ask anyone who knows me... but I'm working on it, haha). With this clarity of mind, I have been able to press forward and resolve my difficulties, often in ways I had not considered - or find strength to keep walking or writing. I know other people can do all of this without recognizing God, but I am so grateful that all I have to do is ask for help and somehow I get it.

I've prayed and fought myself a lot this month, trying to pull myself forward, closer to Christ, and I am so grateful that God was always there, even when I was too stressed or panicked to see that. And lately, I have been able to go to the temple with my ward, and have moments of quiet peace, which are just great. Through this and a real recognition of my need for beautiful music in my life, I have found myself so much closer and happier. Though, I'm struggling to always maintain this motivation and strength, I know in whom I trust, and I know that Christ will help me take that step forward and help me find the rest I need. I know that somehow it will all work out so beautifully.

There are a few quotes which ran through my head as I was writing this, so I'll include them here too:

"The future is as bright as your faith" - President Thomas S. Monson
"Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously" - Elder Richard G. Scott
"Try a little harder, to be a little better" - President Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm so grateful that next week I get to hear more inspired words from living prophets and apostles, and other leaders. They help me find peace and direction in this crazy world we've found ourselves in :)

It may take my entire life to get where I want to be, to become who I want to be, but, isn't that what life is for? One day at a time, we can choose to have faith and to choose to enjoy life, to love a little deeper, to laugh a little easier, and to comfort others more... I'm not feeling eloquent at the moment... that last little thought kind of died off there at the end. Sorry. The point is, life is good and I hope to remember that it can be good even when I'm lost, exhausted, and alone.

2 comments:

  1. I really like those first couple of sentences of your last paragraph, even if it did die off a little at the end. Good thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Marissa! :) I hope you're doing well!

      Delete