Thursday, December 8, 2011

Invitation to Remember


I decided to write this blog for a couple of reasons.
1. Through writing, I am able to continue learning, and sharing that 
knowledge is very important to me.
2. I enjoy writing, so wanted to continue after I left school
3. Think and analyze my own thoughts and assumptions
4. To give you something to think about.

My goals for this are to write about ideas I've been considering, in a less formal way, than for a talk or academic paper. It's weird but I often think how I'd love to prepare a talk about a certain subject, but, never give it... so this will be my way of giving a talk without all the nerves and pressure associated. 

This blog will be a thoughtful, respectful, look at different topics that I hope we will all remember. President Kimball is often quoted for saying the most important word is to remember. I love going through the scriptures and reading the counsel to remember. I feel the idea of remembering truly is our challenge in mortality. We will remember our true priorities and work towards them, we will remember who each person is, a Child of God, we will remember to be faithful stewards of our planet and His creations, we will remember to be obedient because we remember why it is important.

Most importantly, we will remember His Son, Jesus Christ, His life and sacrifice for us, His love that He freely gives to us, and His arms, ever stretching out towards us. If we remember, we can truly become as He is, but it will not happen by accident.

 Hopefully, I won't be a nuisance with my posts, but that if you have time you can find something of value with what I have written.

2 comments:

  1. How did Brian manage to be two followers on this?

    I mean, hi, I think it sounds like you'll have something good going here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I've been wondering that myself... Hi! and Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete