Thursday, December 29, 2011

__________ is a Virtue

As I began thinking about this post, I kept thinking that I’m not saying anything new with this post or any of my other posts. Then, I thought about the title of this blog, it is “Remember” not “Listen to my profound new information.”


Patience is a Virtue


Sometimes I have it.
Sometimes I do not.
So, be patient with my impatience, 
...and someday I’ll get better.

Quality takes time. It is easy to tell when something has been rushed through. It is {hopefully} equally acknowledged when something is truly amazing. I’ve been thinking about this post for about a week and where that does not qualify it for a work of genius, hopefully my thoughts are better organized than they would have been without my preparation.


My earliest memory about patience comes from waiting for my grandma to make breakfast.  I must really have been bothering her because I remember her scolding me to be patient. “Patience is a virtue.” I did not like her reply and did not want to be patient. I still struggle with patience, but a couple of times I’ve been told I am patient, so I must at least be better at hiding my impatience. 

One step at a time.

Find what you need to work on, what you thrive doing, something you are weak at, find something that is important to you, and be patient in your quest. Then, take it one step at a time. Do not rush your masterpiece. This is your life, live it! Don’t waste it in your haste. Take time to make sure each piece is properly in place.

Remember, be patient with yourself as you develop patience. It does take time, but you can do it. Take the time each day to enjoy life a little more, see what is important and build on that foundation.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to title something "Listen to my profound new information" now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Sacrament Meeting today my bishop told about a talk he heard where the speaker had calculated the number of pages of instruction that the church had given out - manuals, magazines, etc - and came up with something like 667,000 pages. And while that is a huge number that we couldn't sit down and read and take in all at once, we know most of it pretty well because a lot of it is repetition, because we need to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool, and very true. A friend of mine just told me about some quote...out there...about how any time we sin or fall away, turn to the natural man, etc., is because we forget, we forget who we are, where we are going, what we want in life, etc. We need lots of repetition, because, once we remember, we won't fall. :) Thanks for sharing this Marissa, and look for it in an upcoming post...I like it a lot :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and these were the pages from the last 10 years, not all time.

      Also, you are very welcome.

      Delete