Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Backpacking Through Life

This blog is going to be a little 'stream of consciousness' but I wanted to write it before I forgot :)

I just got back from an incredible hike to Dunanda Falls in Yellowstone National Park. It's amazing. However, during said adventure, I was close to miserable. I am not entirely sure why, but my knees decided that they no longer wanted to cooperate. So, I limped along - trying my hardest to be a good sport and not slow the group down too much.

I learned a lot on this trip. I want to now share what I 'remembered' on the way back.

We were in the middle of no-where. I was in incredible pain. The path was long and though not hard in terms of hiking per se, being hurt, made it hard.

In life, we cannot go back. We can't just stop either. We can take other paths and get lost, temporarily or permanently (this may have happened trying to get to the bridge shown below). We must keep moving forward.

In this mortal life, we are metaphorically in the middle of our backpacking trek. We have found the beautiful land and learned a lot along the way. Now, we must keep going now that we are here, to reach the Heaven, one step - one choice - at a time.

We need to let go of the things holding us back, and when our packs get to heavy for our knees we can turn them over to our Savior who can help us carry on and finish the course. We'll make it one step at a time. Keep the faith and keep moving forward.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should make Keep Moving Forward a subtitle of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It definitely is one of my favorite themes. I think it's a key to life, that we just have to keep going, and so it's important to remember that. I'll think about putting it as a subtitle. That's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete