Thursday, February 21, 2013

Introspection

I like to stay at least somewhat consistent with updating this blog. And the thing on my mind lately has been that I'm a slow thinker. I've been working on my introspection lately because it is something I often neglect. Therefore, I pay attention when I like things, and when I get annoyed, and lately - it's been decision making.



I take awhile to form an opinion. Once I have made it, I stand by it. Naturally, it can change - but I generally stay pretty firm. Now, why do I share this? I would invite you to remember who you are, your strengths, and weaknesses, what you enjoy, what you avoid.

For example: today I did some qualitative analyses on some data for a study I'm helping with. I came away smiling, excited, and eager to learn more. Yesterday at work I helped setup and film 'client testimonial videos' for an upcoming event, and I came away interested in continuing that project. It is fun to try different things - but it takes me awhile to decide on things.

Usually, the trend is that someone suggests an idea, then they go away (metaphorically) and I think on my own, and pretend that it was all my idea, and then I present it and move forward. I am told my grandma was like that too. I fight to make up my own mind, and it takes awhile to do so.

How do you make decisions? How do you know when you like something enough to continue? What are you interested in? I'd say passionate about, but, I don't always feel like I am passionate about much, I just enjoy it and want to continue - if that makes sense. I feel like it is incredibly important to know yourself - to pay attention to what you're good at and what needs help. Now that I have identified my decision making process, I can move forward and refine it into a system - helping me in other areas that need attention.

No - this post isn't well refined. It isn't a work of genius. It just is my own thoughts on how I think, what I like, and how that will help me moving forward. I suggest you take a look and identify 3 things: 2 areas that you are good at, how you make decisions, and one goal to work towards.

The end. That's all I've got for you today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment