Sunday, March 1, 2015

We did *March* forth

(The title comes from Alma 56:32)

This is the third "instalment" of my testimony goal for 2015, and I mean to "March" forth through the rest of the year, improving as I go. I still really struggle with saying it in a ward setting, so I am still glad to have this resource to share my testimony and thoughts.


February passed by in a blur. I seriously am so worried about time just slipping away and not being able to remember all the adventures, laughs, and learning I have because there is just so much going on.

This last week was challenging. Well, the last few weeks have been really busy. I mean, I'm getting my master's degree in a year - but it hasn't been school stuff that I've been struggling with. So this was maybe the first time, at least in a long while, where I have been actually grateful that it was Fast Sunday. Quick refresher - Fast Sunday means that once a month we don't eat or drink anything for at least two meals, and instead we pray with a purpose and seek to show our faith, I guess.

Today I didn't have necessarily a specific problem I needed help with, but, just that I really needed divine help and have faith enough to fast for it. And I am so grateful that, though my problems haven't really resolved, I have learned more about myself, had two really wonderful conversations, I have felt taught by the Spirit on ways to move forward, and mostly, that the hurt is beginning to heal. I still hurt, and I still have questions. But, I've been really grateful for the promptings while I am struggling, to pray for help - to turn to God first. And that's my testimony - that turning to God always helps - even if the situation stays the same, He can help my heart be strong enough to endure it well.

I was really worried after I had ended my fast because I hadn't felt quite like I had hoped. After it though I was able to both share and listen to close friends, about our similar challenges, fears, and faith. And because of that, I was more open to the Spirit, and I now feel better.

I still feel a bit like I'm in a "mist of darkness" - Lehi's Dream, 1 Nephi 8 and 11 - but, I do feel like I am coming out of it and that I've been protected throughout it, and it is because I am getting faster at turning to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment