Thursday, June 14, 2012

All These Things

So, you know those times where everything piles up, well, it's been one of those times. Combine that with I've been doing a ton of writing at work, and you get a huge delay in writing. Even now is a rush-write.

Life constantly changes, we all know this. It just keep striking me because this "next phase of my life" is taking quite some time to settle. If you had talked to me in August, every single aspect of life was quantitatively and qualitatively different than it is today.

Imagine if you will, an empty vessel of some kind. Now, pretend that as life's experiences come and go, they fill it up, a little bit at a time. Now, this vessel is an empty version of you--of each one of us. In my life, I've probably filled up my right leg metaphorically, with experiences. As I grow and experience life, I become a little more "full" if you will, I become a little bit more of who I truly am

These changes in my life right now feel so huge and intimidating at times. I just have to remember to take it one step at a time, it's just like starting college, high school, or even going down that tall, scary water slide for the first time and getting to the bottom and realizing truth :). Life keeps moving forward, things change, isn't that great? I read something the other day, about "all things have an end- they give the example of friends ;) cheesy, yes--but fair. Christ does not end, life does not end, eternity does not end (so do many other, non-applicable words, but you get my [and the original author's] point).

We need to remember our purpose. We need to remember that all these things shall work for our good. And, that is wonderful. It's hard to remember. It's hard to take that plunge and then keep waiting for reality to sink in, (you probably got stuck on the metaphorical water slide, but you'll get to the end, twist and turn, push a little harder). Keep filling your life with wonderful experiences, find joy, and try new and exciting things. It's not as scary or stressful as you think it is. It's just the first time you're doing something, but I promise, it will be safe, it will be fun, and you will "make it."


*I just got back from a water park with my dad and little sister, hence the water slide references...but I think they apply anyway.
**In other news, I've been learning how to make websites, and I've been really thinking about making one for me. It won't be anything terribly special, but if I move mine, I'll give you plenty of notice (mostly because it will take me ages to set it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment