Friday, September 14, 2012

Agency Promise

I keep talking, or at least thinking, about how much I want to write a post on Agency.

I have lofty aspirations for this post, and with that comes a lot of intimidation. Adding to that intimidation, I have read so many good arguments, for and against agency, in my psychology and philosophy courses, that I don't know quite where to start. One day, I want to write one, a great piece, too. I would want it to be content that people want to pass around because they can feel the truth of it, both in their hearts, and in their minds. I want myself and others to love and remember this topic, for I have glimpsed its value. Try as I might though, I forget about and devalue it all too often.

And as I'm reading about it, I am finding is that agency doesn’t want to be entirely pinned down, no matter who is writing about it. There are just so many facets and so much depth; it is like describing, love, the ocean, the taste of salt, humor, or what it means to be human

So, I want you to know that I have started one. What's more: I want it to be short. That's probably the hardest part as I'm rather wordy. So this teaser serves as more of an accountability check for me.I will have posted my promised take on agency by the night of October 31, 2012, assuming all goes according to my plan.

In the meantime, if you want, I would love to hear your perspective on agency, either in the comments or any other way you can get a hold of me. I don't promise to use them, but I do promise to consider them and try to fit them in, but like I said, I am trying to be brief.

1 comment:

  1. I would be happy to talk with you on agency. I have been learning a lot about it, and would love to hear your perspectives and share my own. Send me an e-mail at korhoth@yahoo.com?

    ReplyDelete