Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's a Miracle!


There are 4 miracles swirling around my mind today that I want to write about. I just got back from institute and as such I have a lot on my mind. First, though not one of my four miracles, is that I remembered and applied how I learn. That is by writing and taking notes. The past few weeks I’ve gone to institute but neglected to take notes, and as such, I neglected to gain my usual amount of spiritual strength. Today was different, and this blog post is a result.
Miracle #1: Change
Change is a miracle. We aren’t stuck as we are, we can grow! We can become better. We can become even as Christ is.

Miracle #2: Compassion
Scientifically speaking, there is no altruism, no way to be anything but selfish and ego centric. When anyone is, then, it is a miracle. Even if it’s just compassion for a family member, roommate, or another person in the grocery store.

Miracle #3: Peace
It’s my testimony that no matter what, you can always pray to God to ask and receive peace in your heart. Things may change when you ask in faith, other times, they remain as they are. Yet, you can always find peace through Christ, and that is enough to move forward.

Miracle #4: Remembering
As we came to Earth, we forgot where we came from and what we are working towards. It is therefore one of the great challenges of mortality to remember God. We can remember in so many different ways, through song, prayers, counting our blessings, service, by the ministering of angels, etc. The miracle is that we can remember, which enables us to act, to ask for help {and to find it}, to grow, to have compassion, to find peace, and to become more like our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment