Monday, September 24, 2012

Famous and Influential


The story of how one girl's dreams were dashed:



Once upon a time, someone told me my style of writing was "...interesting..." and the ...'s were prominent pauses. Naturally, I let this conversation get to my head.  See, I like to believe I'm making a difference, and naturally the only way you can make a difference is to change the entire world. So, if one person would tell me to my face that my style was "...interesting..." maybe that's what everyone who reads it thinks. The person went on to explain that some parts of what I write just don't fit with what they thought would be good, and it hurt my pride, that's for sure.

The world already has a Savior, and many people forget Him most of their lives. Some will never know Him in this life, others discover / remember Him along the way. And then you have those who remember Him basically always, who see His hand everywhere, who pray always {internally}, and that's who I want to be. But, it is easy for me to let pride get to my head, especially when it doesn't feel like pride, when it says things like "wouldn't it be nice to be famous and have people read your blog because they find it is of great worth."

This is mostly an introspective post, one that I won't publicize anywhere - mostly because I don't want people thinking I'm trying to manipulate them to share and/or interact with my blog.

The point is: it's hard to measure {or remember} our progress in life, our range of influence, and how we're doing along the journey. It's hard for us to hear criticism about what we value, and it's hard to hear that not everyone values what we do.

I almost walked down a path that would have me stop publicly writing {I don't think I could give it up entirely}. I wanted to walk down that path. But part of me remembered to listen, and I remembered to walk in a better way.

This is the story of how one girl's dreams were dashed: And how they were put back together, refocusing on the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment