Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband,

My friend writes these on her blog, and it looked like fun, but she's marrying hers in a couple days, so it's a little different for us. Some days are hard, others, like today, have left me thinking about you (not in a sad/helpless sort, but wondering what you're doing, what challenges you're facing, etc.).

I want to share that when I struggle, I do my best to turn to God as quickly as possible and have taken the commandment to pray always as literally as I can remember.

He is our Father in Heaven and He loves us so much that He has prepared a way for us to share eternity together. He has provided a way for me to find strength until we find each other, and even after. Because, Future Husband, I know you're great, but there are some hurts that even you cannot take away just by being your awesome self, and hurts for you that I cannot take away or lessen. We need to have this relationship with Him first and foremost, so that we can truly be strong, equal partners in our eternal life together.

I'm not sure how long it will be till we find our way to each other, but I trust in His timing, and will keep listening and following where He leads. Even on the very hard days, I feel Him close by, guiding me onward and upward. I imagine that you are working to be the best you can be, and that's what makes you so great. Somehow it will all work out, even when it doesn't seem possible. I've heard that God loves showing us that with Him, all things are possible to him/her that believes in Him. You know this, of course. I just need to remind me of that too.

We have a lot to learn, you and I, and we won't learn it all before we find each other {thank goodness, that would be a long wait...}. We will live, learn, and share in this grand adventure of life. There will be crazy times that we cannot comprehend right now, the pain will be seemingly impossible to bear. But! We'll have each other, and most of all, we'll have God, the very Eternal Father, helping us all along the way.

So, I will wait in the sense that I haven't forgotten you, but go on, in the sense that I will keep doing all I can to draw nearer to God and living life as He would have me do.

Love always,
C.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow this is inspiring. What a great attitude to have! Whoever he is, he's one lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete