Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Out of Control

One of my illusions in life is that I have control over what happens to me, though it is mostly an unconscious decision. And, I don't think I'm alone in this belief. It's one of the ways I can operate, how I can make sense of things and be at peace. So, when things begin to feel out of control, I stress out. Borderline crazy? Probably.


Well, lately, it's been increasingly obvious to me, again, that I have little to no control over anything, except how I react. And, neither do those around me. We can help each other though.

I'd like to share one thought, in this world that seems to be spinning out of control, that

"You may not be in control, but it is not out of control."

Life doesn't make sense. Answers and visible progress might seem invisible or non-existent. You {and I} may not have much control over where/how we live, what happens to our cars, if people bully those we care about, or how many commercials are on Hulu these days - BUT we can control who we turn to for help, and how we interact with others, and we can find confidence, peace, and direction as we remember who is in control, and that He infinitely, perfectly loves us.

Things will work out, because of Christ's infinite and eternal sacrifice for us. There is a plan, He knows the end from the beginning. Let's remember that, and trust in Him enough to move forward even with limited information.

No comments:

Post a Comment