Saturday, December 8, 2012

Personal Inventory

"Don't give up what matters most, for what you want in the moment."

Priorities matter, and they are often forgotten in the haze of 'real life.' For instance, I want to stay physically in shape, but I struggle with the idea of actually doing something about it, and often would rather watch TV or take a nap.


So, today, I'm going to create a mini-inventory that we can use periodically, to make sure we're on track. However, this won't work unless you take the time to use it in your life. They are "cliche" perhaps, but still important.

 - What are your long term and short term priorities? Where do you want to be, in all aspects of life?
 - What barriers stand in your way to get there?
 - Are they worth working to get over? How can they be minimized, avoided, or removed?
 - What can you do today to move forward?
 - What little things are you looking forward to, that give you joy for today?
 - How can you serve other people and make a difference along the way?

About a month ago, my mom compared me to an old dog asleep on a nail. Saying that both the dog and I were in pain, but it wasn't enough to actually do anything about it. Well, change that. Do something about it. Don't let it just stay as a good idea, remember to do something. Look at the facts in your life, what do they mean for you? What do you feel, what do you want?

Good luck. I know I learned a lot about me when I actually took the time to think about these questions for my own life and not just what would be a cool blog article. To keep this short, I just did a few questions. Come up with your own. Remember where You want to go, make some decisions, and deliberately move forward today!

No comments:

Post a Comment