Sunday, April 8, 2012

At Church Today


I just started a new blog, which is going to be my journal for promptings and other thoughts that I had while in my church. This is to avoid just sitting in church, and not just going through the motions. I once heard a quote that says: 

"Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car."

Learning and growth is an active process. I desperately need to heed my own advice from this blog, to truly act and remember and look at myself, see how I'm doing. I don't want to just ask the questions to others. I struggle so often, and I need to critically look and see how I'm doing, and choose something each day to work on.

So, I have posted some of my older notes from church, and will continue to do so each week, so that I am actively listening and accountable to pay attention and learn continually.

2 comments:

  1. Is this blog you started at church today going to be private or open to everybody?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's open to everyone, sorry I didn't put a link... in my head I did... oh well :) it is atchurchtoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete