Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hold Your Peace

In the first video I posted below, one line stuck out to me more than the others. It relates to how the Savior held His peace. This Easter, and always, may we hold our peace close to our hearts, and remember to try a little harder to be a little better.

The Savior held His peace. He treasured and recognized its worth and did not let it out of His heart, nor give way to the trials and persecution around Him.  One day at a time, we can become more like Him. 

Remember His divine Atonement and its infinite power to heal even your broken heart. He lived for us. He died for us, and He lives again, to bring to pass His work and glory, the immortality and eternal life of man. Remember to follow Him a little more steadfastly today. 


"Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place-the victory over death. The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. The salvation of mankind had been secured. The Fall of Adam had been reclaimed. The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job's question, 'If a man die, shall he live again?' To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know for we have the light of revealed truth." --President Thomas S. Monson

(a Prophet's testimony)

I know that my Redeemer Lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives. 
He lives, He lives who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living head.
He lives to bless me with His love
e lives to plead for me above.
He lives, my hungry soul to feed
He lives to bless in time of need

He lives to wipe away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart

He lives and loves me to the end
He lives, and while He lives I'll sing

He lives, all glory to His name
He lives, my Savior still the same
Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives
I Know that My Redeemer Lives
Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives
I Know that My Redeemer Lives

  (MOTAB singing this Hymn)

No comments:

Post a Comment